Cannot use unrestricted API key

Home WPAli Support Forums Shipping Rate by Distance Cannot use unrestricted API key

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    chezchien
    Participant

HI

I have just installed this plugin, and used a restricted API key, as recommended by google.

“This key is unrestricted. Restrictions help prevent unauthorized use and quota theft.”
    I restricted it by using http referrers.

How can i make this work, please? I don’t want to risk peopel using my API key or quota.

Thanks

Becky

Ali Khallad
    Keymaster

You need to allow your website link from Google API console for this key, that’s all

chezchien
    Participant

I did allow my website link for this key.

I realised I made a mistake on my title, so ignore that, Let me try to explain the porblem again:

I have made an API key, and it is restricted to my website by using my website url for the https referrer, as per google’s recomendations to restrict my key.

Your plugin is telling me I cannot use a restricted key.

I am not a developer – please be clear with any instructions you wish me to carry out to fix this.

Becky

chezchien
    Participant

Perhaps some screenshots would help. Can I email them to you please?

Ali Khallad
    Keymaster

Sure, send me some screenshots here please ali@wpali.com

chezchien
    Participant

Hi Ali

How are you going? I emailed you the screenshots earlier so if you didn’t receive them, please check your spam folder.

I hope to get this resolved as soon as possible as my website is unable to accept any orders until I get the shipping sorted.

Thanks

Becky

Ali Khallad
    Keymaster

Thanks, I got your email and responded.
    You’ll need to change the restriction type as some of the APIs don’t allow it, that’s a problem on Google side.

chezchien
    Participant

Thanks Ali, but as I mentioned before, I am not technical, and that is not a helpful, instructive answer for someone who is not technical.

I cannot find any documentation about how to use your plugin that explains things clearly astep by step.

Support is slow. I thought if I paid for a plugin, it would be worthwhile! This is frustrating.

chezchien
    Participant

Hi again
    In addition to my last message, i have not used the IP address – my host helped me, thankfully.

It still does not work. No shipping price is being shown.

Becky

chezchien
    Participant

Correcting my last message- I am NOW using IP address. I changed it as directed. It still does’t work.

I would like to get this sorted out as soon as possible please, Ali.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by chezchien.
    Ali Khallad
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay, but our support is limited to the plugin functionality, the keys you’re using are restricted from you Google API console and this is not something we can help with.
    We have provided instructions based on what we know, if it doesn’t work for you then you’ll have to contact the API support about this issue as the API key wouldn’t work with any other plugin not just ours.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.